Announcements and Important Events
Your child must obtain a Blue Slip from the Athletic Office before trying out for a sport. In order to get a Blue Slip they must have:
- A current sports physical on file in the Groves Athletic Office dated after April 15 of the current school year. (Please see the exception below) Both sides of the athletic physical form must be filled out. Incomplete forms will be returned. You can get a physical with your pediatrician, family doctor, an urgent care clinic or CVS Pharmacy.
- Proof of Pay to Play. This will be required by all families once the Fall Online Pay to Play Registration is available.
- An Emergency Card filled out to give to your athlete's coach.
Physicals - 2020-21 School Year
A pre-participation physical exam form is required for any student to participate in interscholastic athletics. In most years, they are required annually. Due to the unusual circumstance, the MHSAA has changed their requirements. This year, a physical exam must be completed (and signed by the provider) on or after April 15, 2019 to be valid for the 2020-21 school year. Families have two options to satisfy the physical examination requirement:
- A physical exam that is completed on or after April 15, 2020 can be submitted. It will be valid for this full school year.
- An exam that was completed between April 15, 2020 and and April 15, 2019 is sufficient as long as the family completes and submits the additional 2020-21 MHSAA Sports Health Questionnaire.
- ALL incoming Freshman must have a current physical. Physicals are not save by the Middle Schools. If you have a copy of last year's physical that will suffice.
All student-athletes fall in to one of the following three categories. The requirement is listed for each.
- If you submitted a physical for athletics at Groves last year, simply submit the 2020-21 MHSAA Sports Health Questionnaire which must be filled out completely. Incomplete forms will be returned.
- If you have a physical dated after April 15, 2019 that was not submitted to Groves, please submit a copy of that form along with the 2020-21 MHSAA Sports Health Questionnaire which must be filled out completely. Incomplete forms will be returned.
- If you do not have a physical signed after April 15, 2019, please visit your doctor or a local walk-in clinic to complete the physical form (form can be found under the links/forms tab on the home page). Submit it to the Groves athletic office prior to participation. Incomplete forms will be returned.